Wage & Hour Advanced (Medical)
Try it for free!
By submitting this form, you agree that NAVEX will store and process your personal information above according to our Privacy Statement and may send you thought leadership, marketing emails, and events. You can unsubscribe from communications at any point.
At a glance
Managers in healthcare who know wage and hour basics also need to understand their role in creating a positive workplace culture around pay issues. In addition, they need to be aware of how certain actions in the workplace could jeopardize exempt employment status.
Wage & Hour Advanced helps managers understand their responsibility to create a culture that respects wage and hour law and policy. Managers will also learn best practices for working with and supervising non-exempt without risking managerial exempt status. The course also provides guidelines for employing young workers and handling tipping.
Managers who encourage a healthy work life culture and who empower employees to do their job better earn employee respect and uphold organizational values. Basics version also available.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Best practices for addressing work time issues, including monitoring the workplace for unwanted work
- Guidelines for handling employees who work unapproved time
- Making changes to time records
- Best practices for rest breaks and meal periods
- The importance of employee accountability for time records
- Examples of employee misconduct that can lead to corrective action
- Key guidelines for staying within a managerial role
- Examples of managerial duties managers can perform while assisting non-exempt employees
- Definition of a “young worker”
- Hours young workers are permitted to work
- Types of work young workers can perform
- Best practices for working with young workers
- Best practices for managing tipped employees
- Guidelines for handling tips