Wage & Hour Advanced (Medical)
Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
At a glance
Managers in healthcare who know wage and hour basics also need to understand their role in creating a positive workplace culture around pay issues. In addition, they need to be aware of how certain actions in the workplace could jeopardize exempt employment status.
Wage & Hour Advanced helps managers understand their responsibility to create a culture that respects wage and hour law and policy. Managers will also learn best practices for working with and supervising non-exempt without risking managerial exempt status. The course also provides guidelines for employing young workers and handling tipping.
Managers who encourage a healthy work life culture and who empower employees to do their job better earn employee respect and uphold organizational values. Basics version also available.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Best practices for addressing work time issues, including monitoring the workplace for unwanted work
- Guidelines for handling employees who work unapproved time
- Making changes to time records
- Best practices for rest breaks and meal periods
- The importance of employee accountability for time records
- Examples of employee misconduct that can lead to corrective action
- Key guidelines for staying within a managerial role
- Examples of managerial duties managers can perform while assisting non-exempt employees
- Definition of a “young worker”
- Hours young workers are permitted to work
- Types of work young workers can perform
- Best practices for working with young workers
- Best practices for managing tipped employees
- Guidelines for handling tips