Wage & Hour Basics (Medical)
Try it for free!
At a glance
Wage and hour issues can be tricky, especially in the healthcare setting. Sometimes, what seems logical can violate the law or policy, placing proper employee pay in jeopardy and putting organizations at risk.
Wage & Hour Basics teaches non-exempt employees fundamentals of wage and hour regulations and helps them define what counts as work time. Employees will also learn about breaks, overtime and recordkeeping requirements to ensure they are paid for all time worked.
Proper pay is a right. And, it makes for a happier, more productive workplace. When employees are clear about pay, everyone wins. Advanced version also available.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Definition and examples of “work time”
- Guidelines for overtime and overtime pay
- Off-the-clock work and accurate recordkeeping
- Definition of “rest break” and the importance of state law
- Definition of “meal period”
- Keeping meal periods “duty-free”
- Guidance on overtime and off-the-clock work
- Information on auto-deductions
- Best practices for accurate recordkeeping
- Examples of timecard-related employee misconduct
- Guidelines for “makeup time”