U.S. Export Regulation (Advanced)
Try it for free!
At a glance
Exporting is complex, and knowing the basics may not be enough. Determining item classification and knowing what other issues to look out for in the global exporting process can help employees avoid potential pitfalls.
NAVEX’s U.S. Export Regulation – Advanced course provides employees with critical knowledge beyond the basics to help them identify problems that can arise in export transactions. Employees will learn how to classify items on the USML and the Commerce Control List. In addition, employees will learn the about control codes and their relationship to the Commerce Country Chart, as well as the limitations of an EAR99 designation. Learners will also explore important issues in global exporting, such as being alert to corruption, illegal boycotts and red flags. A comprehensive application module tests the learner’s export knowledge.
Export basics are a good start. Advanced knowledge provides employees with additional knowledge to boost their confidence and keep exports on the right track.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Classifying an item on the USML
- Determining a product’s ECCN on the Commerce Control List
- Reasons for control and the Commerce Country Chart
- License exceptions
- EAR99 designation
- Anti-corruption due diligence
- Recognizing red flags
- Following the laws of other countries
- Recognizing and handling boycott issues
- Review of the critical role employees play
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify