PCI DSS Basics
Try it for free!
At a glance
Data breaches can have a devastating impact on organizations and individuals. That’s why the Payment Card industry data security standards (PCI DSS) were developed and why many organizations are required to comply with them.
NAVEX’s Payment Card industry data security standards basics course gives learners an overview of their obligations under the PCI DSS. The course also outlines measures employees can take to protect sensitive cardholder data and prevent data security breaches.
What’s the best way to keep cardholder data secure? By ensuring employees have the tools they need to take action to reduce risk. A strong training program equips employees with the information they need to do what’s right and safeguard sensitive cardholder data.
Key Concepts Covered In This Course:
- An overview of the PCI DSS
- Purpose of the PCI DSS
- PCI DSS goals and requirements
- Types of information protected by the PCI DSS
- Best practices for handling cardholder data and sensitive authentication data
- Security requirements for card-present and card-not-present transactions
- Examples of common network security risks
- Best practices for securing electronically-stored information
- Guidance on what to do in the event of a security breach
- When to raise concerns or seek help
- Assurance the organization will investigate reports and take action as necessary
- A restatement of non-retaliation policy
- The value of each employee in preserving the organization’s reputation and maintaining an ethical workplace