Employee Medical Privacy
Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
At a glance
While managers may not typically have access to specific employee medical information, situations can arise where an employee shares this information, like when requesting leave or an accommodation. This information must be protected, both to comply with laws and to maintain employee trust.
Employee Medical Privacy is designed for organizations not covered under HIPAA. It gives managers the tools to handle employee medical information safely and effectively in accordance with their organization’s policies and the law.
Key Concepts Covered In This Course:
- Types of employee medical information
- Confidentiality responsibilities
- An overview of key U.S. laws
- The situations when limited health information may be accessed by the organization
- Best practices for securing medical information from disclosure
- How to respond to inquiries about an employee’s medical condition
- Reporting improper disclosures
- A reminder of managers’ responsibility for protecting employee medical privacy
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify