HIPAA For Business Associates
Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
At a glance
Violations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) can result in a number of serious legal risk, and they jeopardize reputations and business relationships. To protect against these types of damages, effective, up-to-date HIPAA training is critical.
Designed for organizations considered business associates under HIPAA, this course helps those organizations meet the training requirements found in HIPAA’s Privacy and Security Rules. It does this by offering an engaging, informative look at learners’ obligations under the law to properly safeguard and control the use and disclosure of protected health information (PHI). It includes tips and best practices for fulfilling those responsibilities, as well as important insights on the notification and reporting processes and procedures to follow if a HIPAA violation is suspected.
The end result is a HIPAA course that can help business associates and their employees recognize PHI, understand the value of protecting it and implement strong, HIPPA-compliant and effective measures for doing so.
Key Concepts Covered In This Course:
- Definition of PHI and common identifiers
- Guidelines for the use, disclosure and safeguarding of PHI
- Required and permitted uses of PHI
- Guidelines for protecting ePHI
- Unique risks associated with technology and ePHI
- Administrative, physical and technical safeguards for ePHI
- What constitutes a breach
- Common pitfalls that can lead to breaches
- Notification and reporting requirements
- When to raise concerns or seek help
- Assurance the organization will investigate reports and take action as necessary
- A restatement of non-retaliation policy
- The value of each employee in preserving the organization’s reputation and maintaining an ethical workplace