Try it for free!
At a glance
Gifts and entertainment can strengthen business ties. However, bribery and corruption are never welcome or acceptable. So, it’s critical that employees understand the difference. This is especially true for employees working for a business partner, because their actions can impact the reputation and legal liability of the organization they work for and the primary organization – which can put important business relationships in jeopardy.
Anti-Bribery and Corruption for Business Partners provides essential information to ensure learners understand their obligations as a business partner. After an introductory overview of some of the key bribery laws around the globe, the course begins with foundational concepts and definitions, including bribery, “anything of value,” and government officials. It progresses to include guidelines for navigating gifts, entertainment and hospitality, as well as best practices for interacting with primary organizations.
Employees need to understand the line between business and bribe – and never cross it.
Key Concepts Covered In This Course:
- Key definitions including bribery, commercial bribery and influence peddling
- Examples of “anything of value”
- Guidelines for generally appropriate gifts and hospitality
- Facilitation payments and local customer practices
- Recognizing appropriate and inappropriate gifts and hospitality
- Rules when working with government officials
- Best practices for complying with organizational policy on gifts, meals and hospitality
- Guidelines for avoiding the appearance and act of bribery and corruption
- Keeping clear and accurate records
- Reporting suspicious accounting practices
- Maintaining open communication with a primary organization
- Complying with due diligence requests
- A review of key guidelines
- A reminder of their important responsibilities
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify