Global Anti-Bribery & Corruption (Basics)
Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
At a glance
The fight against bribery and corruption is global, and it’s important to know the basics. Because although giving gifts can strengthen business relationships, they can have serious consequences when they cross the line.
Global Anti-Bribery and Corruption (Basic) provides critical information to employees who need a foundational understanding of when gifts, entertainment or hospitality are considered a part of business – and when they’re a bribe. Employees will learn about appropriate and inappropriate gifts and entertainment, with additional training on global laws and regulations, foreign officials and third parties. They’ll also review the critical role accurate recordkeeping plays in avoiding liability.
There may be a place for gifts and entertainment when conducting global business. However, bribery is never welcome. Solid training is vital. Advanced version also available.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- An example of the building blocks of bribery
- The prohibition on bribery
- The illegality of bribery
- The global nature of the fight against corruption
- Key bribery terms
- Important global anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and regulations
- Different types of officials
- Who can be considered a foreign official
- Stricter rules that apply to foreign officials
- Examples of gifts that may be acceptable for non-government customers, suppliers or business partners
- Who is a third party?
- Best practices for third-party due diligence
- The purpose of good recordkeeping
- Examples of suspicious activity
- Review of the critical role employees play in preventing bribery and corruption
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify completion of the course