Conflicts of Interest
Try it for free!
By submitting this form, you agree that NAVEX will store and process your personal information above according to our Privacy Statement and may send you thought leadership, marketing emails, and events. You can unsubscribe from communications at any point.
At a glance
Employees are expected to make decisions that benefit the organizations they work for. But what if the decision they make also benefits them personally? That can be a conflict of interest, and it can have repercussions for both the employee and the organization.
Identifying the many types of conflicts of interest and understanding how to successfully navigate them are keys to behaving ethically in the workplace. NAVEX’s Conflicts of Interest course provides strategies for recognizing, avoiding and responding to conflicts of interest to protect both the individual and the organization as a whole.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- When conflicts of interest occur
- How to avoid a conflict of interest
- When and how to disclose or report a conflict
- Common scenarios in which conflicts of interest can arise
- Business and financial circumstances that can create a conflict of interest
- Strategies for recognizing and resolving divided business loyalties
- Why family and other close relationships may create a conflict of interest in the workplace
- Techniques for avoiding conflicts of interest when making decisions
- How to avoid conflicts within reporting structures
- What gifts are appropriate to give or receive
- How to decline gifts respectfully
- Returning inappropriate gifts
- Review of the potential impacts of conflicts of interest to the organization
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify