Antitrust & Competition Law (Basics)
Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
At a glance
Antitrust & Competition Law (Basics) provides an overview of core antitrust and competition law principles, including what constitutes an illegal agreement with a competitor, guidelines for interacting with competitors and appropriate methods for gathering competitive intelligence. An emphasis is placed on speaking up and reporting suspected misconduct throughout the course.
There are both legal and reputational risks associated with anti-competitive activity – this training is an important tool for minimizing that risk. Advanced version also available.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Most common forms of illegal agreements
- What an illegal agreement can look like, from formal, written agreements to casual conversations
- The importance of reporting suspected misconduct
- Recognizing and protecting commercially sensitive and confidential information
- Actions to take – and actions to avoid – when attending trade shows and other events
- Limited circumstances that allow competitor cooperation
- Ethical and safe sources of competitive information
- Prohibited actions, like deceit and stealing information
- Do’s and don’ts for communicating with customers, suppliers and others in the industry about competitors
- What to do if you receive competitor trade secrets
- A reminder of an employee’s responsibility for understanding and complying with antitrust and competition laws
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify