Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
At a glance
Criminals take illegal money and launder it through honest businesses. It can happen at any organization. That’s why vigilance is key.
NAVEX’s Anti-Money Laundering course provides your workforce with the information they need to join the global fight against money laundering. Employees will learn to recognize the three phases of money laundering and key warning signs of criminal activity. They’ll be introduced to the essential tenets of a comprehensive Know Your Customer (KYC) program and customer identification methods. Employees will also find out about screening best practices, including sanctions and watch lists, and best practices for reporting suspicious activity..
When employees know what to watch for and how to handle potential money laundering, it protects the organization and reduces criminal activity. Proper training is the first step.
Key concepts covered in this course for employees:
- The three phases of money laundering: layering, placement and integration
- Warning signs of money laundering
- Consequences of money-laundering activity
- Global regulations against money laundering
- The four components of a Know Your Customer (KYC) program
- Customer Identification Program (CIP) basics
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD)
- The importance of monitoring and recordkeeping
- The two types of customer verification
- Types of screening and key screening lists
- The role of sanctions
- Suspicious activities and the importance of reporting
- Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Review of the critical role employees play
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify