Active Shooter Basic Awareness
Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
At a glance
Gun violence in the workplace is often considered something that only happens in other organizations. However, the reality is that active shooter situations can happen in any work environment and can evolve quickly in an unpredictable way. Planning and preparation is key.
NAVEX’s Active Shooter Awareness provides learners with the training that can better prepare them for such situations. It explores the warning signs to look out for, as well as the actions they can take to help keep them safe, both in the moment and after first responders have arrived.
The end result is a course that introduces learners to basic active shooter event safety concepts, resulting in employees that are more aware, better informed and ultimately, better prepared.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Potential warning signs of an offender
- Dynamics of an active shooter incident
- Key principles of personal safety
- The Run, Hide, Fight action plan recommended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Various ways individuals can safely respond to an active shooter situation
- Communicating with 911
- What to expect when law enforcement and other first responders arrive
- Best practices for interacting with and responding to the directives of first responders