Building an Organisation Based on Principle & People
Companies need to be about more than simply making a profit. Join green entrepreneur and United Nations Climate Champion Dale Vince OBE as he talks about his determination to build successful businesses with sustainability at the heart of their vision and operations. Dale will review his approach to business and his philosophy of sustainable development, and consider questions such as:
- How do you weave sustainable development into the DNA of your organisation?
- How does a CEO maintain that clarity of purpose so the whole organisation can conduct itself properly and achieve business objectives?
- What other practices should an organisation cultivate to assure that everyone is working in pursuit of that common vision?
EU Whistleblower Protection Directive: Countdown to Transposition
Europe is in the midst of a regulatory leap forward for whistleblower protection, as Directive 2019/1937 (also known as the EU Whistleblower Protection Directive) takes effect at the end of 2021. With time running out for member states, who must all transpose the Directive into national law by 17th December, our panelists will explain:
- How legislation is taking shape across Europe
- Cultural and practical implications of the new standards
- The anticipated structure and impact of the new national laws
Workplace Whistleblowing in the Post-Brexit Landscape
While all EU member states will be required to adopt new minimum standards for whistleblower protection by the end of 2021, the realities of Brexit mean the UK will need to take a different path. With PIDA widely regarded as being in need of reform, The Office of the Whistleblower Bill, currently being put before the UK Parliament, offers a clear direction. Our expert panelists will look at what lies ahead for whistleblower protection in the UK, as they explore:
- When things go wrong - the gaps within current whistleblower regulations
- How the UK Office of the Whistleblower builds on existing whistleblower protection
- The implication for whistleblowing investigations, data privacy, NDAs, etc
- The opportunity for organisations to shape whistleblower law
A New Era for European Corporate Compliance
Compliance professionals across Europe face an ongoing challenge to respond to incoming legislation, and anticipate future developments. In this session, we home in on new and upcoming developments in corporate compliance across Europe and how compliance officers will need to adapt their programmes. With insight from local experts, the panel will take a closer look at:
- The new German ‘Sorgfaltspflichtengesetz’ Law on supply chain due diligence and human rights
- The expected impact on future European regulations, the organisations affected and their third party suppliers
- How this new era of regulatory compliance is expected to change the role of the compliance officer and the need to adopt a stronger legal focus
- What organisations are doing now to prepare for these changes and the best practices for implementing controls across multiple jurisdictions
Beyond Compliance: Understanding Behaviour and Culture
An increasing proportion of organisations already have foundational elements of a best-practice ethics and compliance programme in place. But how can they advance the programme to the next level – and begin to anticipate conduct risks? One answer is to better understand what drives the behaviour of the employees and contributes to the shaping of an organisational culture. With contributions from practitioners and academia, this session will explore:
- How we can start to recognize behavioural and cultural drivers
- What we really mean by the term ’ethical culture'
- How organisations can measure the culture they currently have – and advance it to a ‘more ethical’ level