Diversity & Inclusion
Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
At a glance
Successful diversity and inclusion initiatives can help organizations attract top talent, maintain employee morale and ensure all employees feel like part of the team, but when diversity and inclusion efforts fail, worker engagement and organizational reputation can suffer. Effective training is an important part of the solution.
Unlike traditional diversity courses, NAVEX’s Diversity & Inclusion recognizes that diversity alone is not enough; equal attention must be given to creating and cultivating an inclusive environment. To do this, the course offers realistic, practical guidelines for creating an inclusive, respectful workplace. It also addresses some of diversity and inclusion’s biggest challenges, like unconscious bias and micro inequities, and offers learners tips for navigating those challenges.
Having a diverse workforce doesn’t guarantee an inclusive culture. But by making diversity and inclusion an intentional part of your workforce training, you can help to ensure you’re creating a workplace where all contributions are valued, and voices are heard – a result that’s good for everyone.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Types of diversity
- Benefits of inclusion
- The importance of awareness and perspective-taking
- Best practices to promote inclusion
- How to recognize unconscious bias
- Definition and examples of micro inequities
- How bias and inequities impact inclusion
- Best practices for eliminating bias and inequities
- Taking personal responsibility for mistakes
- Holding others accountable
- Making a report and raising concerns
- Upholding a culture of respect and inclusion
- Checking biases
- High-risk situations
- Review of the critical role employees play
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify