Discrimination-Free Workplace (Basics)
Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
Thank you for your interest in our online compliance training solutions. A NAVEX representative will contact you shortly. If you have any immediate questions, please give us a call 1-866-297-0224.
At a glance
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Definitions of discrimination, disparate treatment and disparate impact, with examples
- A reminder of organizational commitment to a discrimination-free workplace
- The importance of reporting
- The non-retaliation policy
- A description of protected categories/protected characteristics
- Protections under federal law, and beyond, including categories that may be protected under state, city and county anti-discrimination laws
- The importance of respect in the workplace
- A deeper dive into disparate treatment and disparate impact discrimination, and what they can look like
- An introduction to unconscious bias
- Key questions to ask before making a workplace decision
- A definition and examples of stereotypes
- A closer look at bias
- How stereotypes and bias can lead to discrimination
- Overcoming stereotypes and biases
- Review of the critical role employees play in speaking up about illegal or unethical behavior
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify