Disability Discrimination & Accommodation (Basics)
Try it for free!
We respect your privacy and won’t share your information with outside parties. View our privacy statement.
At a glance
An effective workforce is made up of employees of all abilities, and they all deserve an equal opportunity to succeed. So, it’s important for employees to be trained on the ways organizations provide those equal opportunities- by providing reasonable accommodations and preventing and addressing discrimination.
Disability Discrimination and Accommodation (Basic) centers around ensuring equal treatment for employees of all abilities. Through education, it aims to empower those who need resources to advocate for themselves and to give those who don’t need resources the tools to support their colleagues.
When employees succeed, organizations succeed. And that starts with engaging training that addresses the needs of everyone. An Advanced version also available.
Key concepts covered in this course:
- Definition and examples of disability
- Rights of employees and job candidates with disabilities
- Explanation of essential functions and what the law requires
- Overview of reasonable accommodations and the process
- Forms of disability discrimination and how to prevent it
- The importance of reporting actual or suspected discrimination
- Prohibition against retaliation
- A reminder of an employee’s responsibility for preventing and responding to disability discrimination
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify