Whistleblowing, Reporting, Retaliation Course OverviewDownload
About this Datasheet
Our compliance training course provides the tools you need to mitigate whistleblower & retaliation risks. Learn how to establish a powerful legal defense here.
- For anyone responsible for:
- Ethics and compliance training programme creation or management
- What you'll learn:
- Course details, design and content of our Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation online compliance training course
Read the Datasheet
Online Training: Whistleblowing, Reporting & Retaliation Course Overview
Online Training Curriculum
Mitigate skyrocketing whistleblower and retaliation risk
NAVEX’s Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation course teaches employees why they should report complaints internally, and educates managers on how to properly handle complaints. Learners explore your organisation’s specific reporting procedures, the obligation to speak up and the rules against retaliation.
New laws and recent cases have changed both the breadth and scope of whistleblower protections and retaliation claims. Dodd-Frank’s controversial bounty hunter programme threatens internal reporting systems, incenting employees to report directly to the government. The U.S. Supreme Court has been actively expanding retaliation protections, which is already the number one claim filed with the EEOC. Our training course can help your organisation to mitigate these risks and establish powerful legal defenses.
One Course —Three Powerful Training Segments
- Part One educates managers and employees on the importance of making an internal complaint. Delivered in a familiar television news show format, this section puts lessons into a vivid, real-world context, teaching employees how and when to speak up, and about the rules against retaliation.
- In Part Two, managers will explore their special responsibilities with an interactive news challenge, sharing information, earning rewards and keeping notes along the way. Managers learn how to spot and properly respond to a complaint, and how to prevent and address suspected retaliation.
- Part Three highlights your whistleblower and retaliation policies with our innovative Policy in ActionTM tool. Learners search your policies to find answers to your custom interactive questions.
- High – full video/audio
- Medium – still images with audio
- Low – still images, text only
Course Length Options
- 45-50 min. manager-only course
- Basic 25-30 min. course for both employees and managers
- Host on our robust and scalable LMS
- Host on your own standards-compliant LMS (AICC and SCORM)
- Feature your logo and colors
- Include your policy and confirm receipt via electronic certification
- Include ‘Ask a Question’ and reporting features
- Include a multimedia introduction and conclusion from your key leaders
- Custom completion certificate
- Add your organisation’s custom information to each course segment with a variety of screen options
Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation Basics for Managers & Employees:
- Employer reporting policies and procedures
- The obligation to make an internal report
- What should be reported?
- How to seek advice and guidance
- The benefits of internal reporting
- The protection against retaliation
Whistleblowing, Reporting and Retaliation - Managers Only:
- How to create a work environment that is receptive to reports of suspected misconduct
- How to spot a complaint
- How to properly respond to a complaint
- When to escalate a complaint to an internal resource
- The manager’s role in an internal investigation
- The strict prohibition against retaliation
- Tips for preventing and addressing suspected retaliation
Unmatched Content by Top Legal Experts
Our courseware is exclusively endorsed by the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) and the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) and is vetted by Baker McKenzie, a leading global law firm with extensive compliance and employment law expertise.
ÜBER NAVEX GLOBAL
Die umfassende Palette von Ethik- und Compliance-Software, Inhalten und Dienstleistungen von NAVEX Global hilft Unternehmen beim Schutz ihrer Mitarbeiter, ihres Ansehens und ihrer Gewinne. Wir genießen das Vertrauen von 95 der Fortune 100-Firmen sowie von über 14.500 Kunden und unsere Lösungen werden durch die weltweit größte Ethik- und Compliance-Gemeinde geprägt.