Global Anti-Bribery Basics for Business Partners
Try it for free!
At a glance
Modern business moves fast, and it’s important to have the competitive advantage. But at what cost? Giving gifts can strengthen business relationships – but when do they cross the line? Business partners represent the organizations they work with and it’s important to have the answers to these questions.
Our Global Anti-Bribery Basics for Business Partners course provides critical information to business partners to ensure they understand when gifts, entertainment or hospitality cross the line from business to bribe. Learners will explore appropriate and inappropriate gifts and entertainment, with additional training on government and foreign officials and the important obligations of business partners. They’ll also review the critical role accurate recordkeeping plays in avoiding liability.
There is a place for gifts and entertainment in business. However, bribery is never welcome. And the actions of business partners can impact the reputations and legal liability of the organizations they work with. Solid training is vital.
Key Concepts Covered In This Course:
- Organizational policy on bribery
- Consequences of bribery
- Forms of bribery and examples of “improper performance”
- The shared responsibility of organizations – and their business partners – to combat bribery
- Who can be considered a foreign official
- The stricter standards that apply when working with foreign officials
- The importance of referencing organizational policies and obtaining approvals as needed
- When gifts and entertainment may cross the line
- Avoiding even the appearance of influence
- Acceptable and unacceptable gifts
- Government customers and foreign officials
- Accurately recording gifts and entertainment
- The importance of knowing, understanding and following policies and the terms of business partner contracts
- Best practices for selecting and managing third party relationships
- The importance of accurate recordkeeping
- Raising concerns
- Review of the critical role employees play
- An opportunity to review key policies and certify